Patience is Required to buy Short Sales, watch below:
And here’s an update. Patience didn’t work, but we found a great property.
There are only a few steps to buying a home. At each step along the way, you will need various experts to help you, including a real estate agent, a mortgage officer (if financing), a closing attorney, an appraiser and a home inspector, among others. Here are the basic steps:
- Determine how you will pay for the home (cash or financing) and your budget
- Scout out the general area you would like to live, taking into account commute times, school systems, etc.
- Start searching for a home online
- Contact your real estate agent once you’ve determined what kind of home you want to buy
- Start looking at properties
- Narrow down to the one you want to purchase, or build if that’s the case
- Make an offer
- If you get the home under contract, start the paperwork for financing and due diligence (inspection)
- Once you’ve satisfied the requirement of the mortgage officer, you’ll be given a loan package and clear to close
- If the home inspection is satisfactory, or the seller agrees to make repairs, continue towards closing
- Set up moving into the new home
- Go to closing at the attorney’s or title company’s office
- Move in and ENJOY, remember to plan for utilities to be turned on or transferred into your name